Monday, February 8, 2010

I Have A Confession

Ok blogging world. I have something I need to get off my chest. It's something that happened two weeks ago. Here it is...gulp...I neglected my husband, children and housework for a week and devoted most of my attention to.......

Yep. The Twilight series. Sigh....I really didn't think it would suck me in as bad as it did. Sigh.

It all started when Marty and I watched the movie when we had our 2 week free trial from Netflix. The movie was ok. I wasn't jumping out of my seat. Then I told my neighbor that I watched it and she gushed about how great the books were. She had all four books but I only took one not even knowing if I would finish it. Well...I did...in two days and it only took me 5 more to finish the next three. My poor family. I had my nose in a book for a week straight. I'm not a big reader but I couldn't put them down! Holy cold skinned vampires! These books are addicting! Oh and by the way...Team Edward!!!

5 comments:

Ashlyn Monza said...

Thats too funny! I was obsessed also and was so sad when I finished the last book, because I wanted more to read. I hope you are doing well!

The Cox Family said...

I was obsessed too. They are so addictive; you just can't stop. I can't wait for Elipse to come to the movies in June!

The Taylors said...

I'm hanging my head in shame for you as I type this. I just don't understand the whole vampire thing but maybe it's because I haven't read or watched them yet. Shame on you Lauren Pearce! He, he, he. You know I'm just kidding. =o)

Courtney said...

Been there, done that. Any suggestions for a new series I can read?
Oh and Team Jacob- did you know he was in Cheaper by the Dozen 2? Did you know I am a big fat dork for knowing that?

Chelsea said...

Yay Lauren! I now have one friend I can dish about Twilight with! Make sure you go rent New Moon if you haven't already...the first movie pales in comparison.

Happy reading!

Oh, and my favorite book is the fourth one!