Monday, August 24, 2009

Back In The Saddle Again



Ah, the smell of horses! There's nothing like it. I forgot how much I loved the smell of it mixed with the scent of leather. "What on earth is she talking about?" I know some of you may think I've lost my mind but, oh no, I'm just taking a walk down memory lane. This past weekend Hudson finally decided he was brave enough to ride the horses at Marty's parent's house. It's only taken him 3 years to muster up the courage but he decided he was finally ready. Not to be outdone by her brother, Addison took a spin too! This was especially thrilling to me because I grew up riding and showing horse, as did Marty.


Random Pearce Family Trivia Time!!


Did you know that me and Marty use to show horses on the same show circuit back when we were in middle and high school? We didn't know each other back then but I'm sure we crossed paths many times. I like to imagine that he noticed me one day from across the show ring and thought to himself..."I don't know that girl but one day I'm going to marry her and we're going to make beautiful babies...." Ok, maybe not. Oh, and did you know that Marty was fourth in the world in his division and I was undefeated for 3 years in mine? Not that I'm bragging or anything... :)


Now back to last Friday...Here are a few pictures and one oldie, just for the fun of it :)


Back then....
.....and now. It's not quite as easy as it use to be!


Me and my little boy.


There's nothing like it!



Look at my handsome boys!


Addi had to try it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I miss the good times we had at the shows. Hopefully at least one of my grandchildren will be able to show horses also.

Move In Ready Home! said...

Hey Anonymous! Who are you?? :)