Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Snow Angels

Yay snow!! It doesn't makes its appearance very often around here, but when it does...good times! The city just shuts down for a day and it gives you the excuse to stay in your pjs, watch HGTV and eat like a hibernating bear. I do think us North Carolinians go a little overboard when it comes to a snow day. If it hadn't been for the inauguration, the news channels would surely have aired all day coverage and let's not even talk about the lines in Walmart Monday night; you would have thought it was the eve of the apocalypse!
Hudson and Marty had a great time. I woke up with a cold so the girls partied inside while the boys went snowboarding. Yes, snowboarding. Marty jumped on his and stood Hudson up between his legs and they boarded down our hill in the backyard. I could kick myself for not taking a picture but I do have it on video. If I ever figure out how to load it on the computer, I'll definitely have to post it. It was something to watch. Here are my favorite pics from the day.
A pink marshmallow.
My favorite shot of my snow angels.

The boys all geared up and ready for the elements.


Hudson looking all cute.



Hudson hates hats so the fact that we got him in one is reason enough to post this event!



Here's our house. All quiet and white.


Hudson's first snowman. Last night, Marty broke a 10" icicle that was hanging off his truck and stuck it in his head (the snowman's, not Hudson's) This morning we noticed that his nose and eyes had fallen out so all we saw on poor Mr. Snowman's face were dark holes and an icicle. He looked a little demonic :)



No comments: