Monday, September 22, 2008

A Daddys Reflection on Monday.

Lauren often wonders what is going through my mind while I sit at a stoplight, and when it turns green I respond with the reaction time of somebody heavily stoned playing a lightning round of Jeopardy. Well here is a peek into what caused that situation today.
I think: I realize that I have the best job in the world, and the most challenging one as well. Becoming a father has been a blessing in so many ways it is impossible to describe. The thing that stands out to me as the most joyful, and at the same time a heavy responsibility, is teaching them to love Christ as much as he loves us. Knowing how much I love Hudson and Addison; I reflect and think of God and the sacrifice he made for our sins. WOW! By reflecting on this, you can then see a glimpse of the Lords love for us. I feel as if I can't possibly love Hudson and Addison any more, and yet I know God’s love is so much more pure and perfect; I can’t even fathom it. WOW again! I have always said “If you want to feel a small glimpse of how much God loves you, have a child or raise a child.”
We as parents must keep God’s love in our thoughts, words, and actions when we praise, discipline, guide, and especially when we pray over them. They are watching and listening. These children are the not just the future adult leaders, they are also the ones that can spread the good Gospel in our schools, playgrounds, and churches. Pray for these tiny soldiers; they are soldiers in Gods army who will be challenged every day in the ever growing world of temptation and "Culture."






No comments: