Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Have a New Hobby....

So... as most of you know, I'm a bargain shopper. Nothing gives me a high like finding a great deal and hearing stories of people who do the same. If you told me that you had just climbed Mt. Everest, I'd politly smile and not give it a second thought but tell me that you just found a BCBG shirt at Ross for $8 and I'll shake your hand like you were a Presidential candidate. Well... all that said, I've become slightly obsessed with reading bargain shopper blogs such as moneysavingmom.com, couponmom.com, and thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com. My new mission every week is to match store sales with coupons and see how much stuff I can get for $40. This was my first week of shopping at multiple stores and I think I did pretty well. I had to spend a bit over $40 since our pantry and fridge were bare from being gone for a week. I think once I have my "staples" on hand, I can get by on $40. Here's what I got this week for $50 (would have been $90 without store sales and coupons.) Check back next week to see how I did :) Oh, and I forgot to include my bananas and onion in this pic.

3 comments:

grannalunsford said...

Cute picture, but I think you are a little obsessed.

The Cox Family said...

Great job! Here is another blog you might enjoy.

http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/

Marty said...

Was that handsome little boy included in the price?