Monday, November 9, 2009

Hudson vs The Car



It may not look like it but Hudson won! Poor little guy. After a fun lunch at Panera with my Little P's, I decided the next thing on the day's agenda was to shut my child's fingers in the car door. If that wasn't bad enough, when I opened the door to get his fingers out, I did it in such a rush that the door slammed on them...again! I calmly sat him in his seat to exam his fingers and saw that his finger nail had come clean out of the nail bed. There was blood, there were tears and there was one frantic mommy who was trying to keep it under control. There was an urgent care right around the corner so I took my screaming child in and a PA immediately came out to access the situation. She told me that they could fix his finger but it would be extremely painful and traumatic for him and that I should take him to the ER where they could put him to sleep to fix it. I called my mom so she could stay with Addi while I took Hudson to the ER. Meanwhile, I was trying to get in touch with Marty, who was at the fire station, and trying to figure out what to do about the bridal shower that was taking place at our house in three hours! Long story short, the bridal shower was canceled and I finally got in touch with Marty after 2 hours in the ER. There were no broken bones but poor Hudson had to endure the doctor numbing his finger and putting the nail back in the nail bed where it belonged. If that wasn't bad enough, she then tried to stitch the nail to his finger to hold it in place. When that didn't work she resorted to steri strips and a huge bandage. After 5 hours at the hospital, I took Hudson to Target to pick out a toy and then home to bed. We went to the pediatrician this morning where I was informed that what we went through at the ER was "a little over-kill" and that it should have just been cleaned and bandage. That made me hot!! If I ever see PA Dossenbach (the ER doctor) in a dark alley, she better watch out!!





1 comment:

Courtney said...

Are you kidding me? Lauren, if you want I will go with you to hunt her down in a dark alley...