Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm Back!

You can all breath a sigh of relief because I"m back in the blogging world! I know you've all missed me and are just about to jump out of your seats with anticipation over what has been going on with us. Well...not much, just a bunch of sickness! Thankfully, the Little P's are well (and we pray they stay that way) but me and Marty are hurt'n. We both have strep and have been pretty pitiful this week. Where did we pick up strep and how do you take care of 2 wild kids while you're both sick? Great questions. First, we have now clue where we got it from but we decided to be generous and share it with each other. Second, our parents have been helping us out. Poor Addison is having a hard time because I can't love on her like I usually do. Thankfully we shouldn't be contagious after tomorrow and maybe life can get back to normal. I had a rough few weeks before the strep showed up. Two weeks ago I had, what I thought, was a panic attack. It threw me because I had no clue what would cause me to feel like this. I'm not an anxious, high stress person so I just blew it off as a "weird experience" but it happened again a week later! This time I went to urgent care where they told me I was just having an anxiety attack and prescribed me anti-anxiety medication. This really bothered me, not because I don't believe that people can have anxiety issues but because I didn't want to be one of those people. I couldn't figure out what was making me anxious other than the fact that I was afraid I was going to have another "episode" at any minute. Well, I discussed all this with my doctor today and he thinks I may be hypoglycemic which basically means I have low blood sugar. I go back in 2 weeks for a more thorough blood test and until then I've been instructed to eat very little sugar, lots of protein, and 4-5 small meals a day. We'll see what happens??!! I'll try and play catch up with some pictures soon.

No comments: