Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ok, Really?

Well, it's been a bummer of a few weeks her at the Pearce house. Here's a little recap...

Week one: Addison wakes up burning hot, fever 103. Call the doctor. "It's just a virus." Battles high fever and diarrhea for 4 days.

Week two: Addison has been healthy for 4 days. She wakes up on day 5 burning hot. Fever 104. Take her to the doctor. "It's just a virus." One day later, can't break her out of a 103 degree fever. Take her back to the doctor. "It's just a virus and, oh yeah, she has ulcers on the back of her throat."

Week three: Addison's virus lands us at urgent care. She has an ear infection. Really, what else could go wrong with my children? I speak too soon. One day later, Hudson wakes up burning hot. He has a fever of 102. Battle high fever and sleepless nights for 4 days. Addison catches a 24 hour stomach flu. She poops so much that she gets the worst diaper rash either of my children has ever had. Oh yeah, and I catch it too, only mine lasts for 3 days.

Yesterday: Hurray!! Both kids are well. I brag to everyone I see that my kids are healthy for the first time in 3 weeks. Once again, I speak to soon. Addison and I are playing in the playroom. I walk into Hudson's room to get him up from his nap. I hear the worst sound I have ever heard, my 10 months old falling down the stairs. I find her face down at the bottom of our 15 step staircase. Praise God she was crying. After Marty and I check her over we decide to take her to the ER for an exam. She is perfect except for a knot on her head which is barely noticeable today.

Today: I am still praising God that my baby is ok. It could have been much worse considering how steep our stairs are and how little her body is. I am reminded that no matter what our circumstances, I can still praise God that he is in control and loves my kids more than Marty or I ever could. He is their Comfort, Healer, and Protector. I am also reminded of the fact that this world is not our home and the situations we are faced with are no surprise to God. He is good and stands as our rock in the middle of all this.

I am very much looking forward to an uneventful week.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my gracious! Lauren, bless ya'lls hearts. Glad to hear that everything is looking up. Hope everyone stays well for a while.

Christine said...

Oh Lauren! It totally gave me chills to read about poor Addison and the stairs!! So glad to hear everything is fine. See you guys soon!

Marty said...

Lauren wrote "She poops so much that she gets the worst diaper rash either of my children has ever had. Oh yeah, and I catch it too, only mine lasts for 3 days."

Sweetie, even with that diaper rash, I still think you are the most beautiful wife a man could have!

Move In Ready Home! said...

Ha, ha. TMI babe! TMI!!

Chelsea said...

OMG Lauren!! I am so sorry about the fall! Your family deserves a YEAR of no sickness after the past few weeks!