Sunday, June 21, 2009

2 In 1

Not only is today Father's Day but it is also me and Marty's 6 year anniversary. That gives me 2 times the reason to love on him today and let him know just how special he is to me. I think I can sum up in one word what makes him such a great husband and father. Selfless. He is the most selfless man I have ever met. He will do anything for me and the kids without a second thought or complaint. He wakes up every morning with the attitude of "what can I do for my family today?" He shows us how much he loves us everyday with not only his words but his actions. I am the luckiest woman around to be able to spend day in and day out with him. I love you Marty. Thank you for your unending devotion to me and the kids!

Oh, and listen to what he did for me this morning.....We decided not to get each other a gift for our anniversary since we did plenty of shopping and going out to eat while on vacation. Well, this morning I woke up to find a dozen roses and a bag of my favorite Starbucks coffee on the kitchen table. Come to find out, Marty woke up at the crack of dawn, put the car in neutral and pushed it out of the garage so he wouldn't wake anyone up this morning to go get the flowers. He told me the car got going a little too fast and almost rolled away from him. Too bad I wasn't up to see that :)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Too sweet! Yay Marty! Glad you guys had a good beach trip.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Happy Anniversary!
Karen