Saturday, May 2, 2009

Addison: 8 Months






Happy eight months Addi girl!

Addison has done a lot of changing this past month. She wants to be in on all the action instead of just sitting around and drooling :) She desperately wants to be mobile and is really close to crawling. Every time I sit her down she lunges forward and puts herself in the crawling position or just does her impersonation of a turtle (you know...rocking on her belly with her arms and legs flailing.) She can hold onto your hands and walk, which is now her favorite thing to do. She claps her hands and when she gets really worked up she sucks in her bottom lip and strains. Sometimes the sound "ma" comes out. I like to think she's asking for me (ok, not really). She is still only sleeping in 7 hour stretches at night. My friend Stasha suggested I wake her up and feed her before I go to bed to see if she still wakes up at her normal time. I've fed her at 10 and she sleeps until almost 6 which confirms that she's waking up out of hunger and not habit. I've thought about giving her a bottle of formula before bed to see if that would hold her longer but I'm still too chicken to try.

Oh, and she hasn't had the best week. Monday I took her to the doctor for a double ear infection. Yuck! The antibiotics she's taking has given her diarrhea and the diarrhea is giving her a diaper rash. If that wasn't enough, she finally cut her first tooth. She has been incredibly sweet despite her week of yuckiness.


No comments: