Saturday, February 21, 2009

True Life: I'm Tired!!!

Have you ever seen that show on MTV, True Life? It's a reality show that features all types of people with special circumstances. For example: True Life: I Have An Eating Disorder, True Life: I'm In Prison, True Life: I Have Five Illegitimate Children and A Stack Of Overdue Library Books. Anyways, Marty and I were joking this morning that MTV should come to our house and film us in an episode called True Life: I'm Tired!!! Our children seem to be in cahoots to keep us awake as much as possible these days. Hudson randomly cries out in his sleep which sends us flying up the stairs thinking he surely has lost a limb rolling off the bed but, oh no, he just wants to scream in his sleep for the fun of it. Our little Addison is a different story. She has us running up and down the stairs no less than 3 times a night to pop her paci back in her mouth. We sleep in 3 hour shifts around here and it's starting to take its toll on us. Marty's mom took a picture of the 2 of us this morning and my goodness was it rough. I fear my under eye circles have reached a point where no concealer can cover them and poor Marty's eyes are constantly bloodshot. I really shouldn't complain. We have 2 beautiful healthy children. If they weren't so stink'n cute I might just have to be frustrated with them. I guess it's worth missing out on sleep to be able to wake up to all this sweetness! Who can resist a face like this?



1 comment:

Bobby and Brooke said...

If they did this episode on MTV, Bobby and I would be featured on it as well. :) It's amazing how kids can completely change your sleeping habits. WE DESPERATELY NEED SLEEP TOO...so, don't worry you are not alone in this boat! :)

Thanks for posting!